LATEST FRONTIER NEWS
Stall Rushes Toward Top with Big Night in CodyJuly 1, 2014
CODY, Wyo. – Brett Stall had already conquered two Xtreme Bulls events, and on the night of June 30 he made it a hat trick.
The 25-year-old won the Cody-Yellowstone Xtreme Bulls stop with two impressive rides, outdoing a field which included the best bull riders around.
After an 86.5-point ride on Summit Pro Rodeo’s Curtis Lowe to split the first round win with Corey Navarre, Stall rode Frontier Rodeo’s Kojack for 89.5 points to place second in the finals and capture the average title with a total of 176 points.
“It’s an unreal feeling,” Stall said. “Being in Cody during Fourth of July week is the best, and this is the biggest win of my career so far.”
Stall won the Xtreme Bulls event in Lovington, N.M., last season and won his first title in the series in 2012 in Rapid City, S.D.
While he entered the short round tied for the lead Monday night, Stall certainly earned every one of his 89.5 points on Kojack.
The bull has a terrific track record in the state of Wyoming. In this same event one year ago, Kojack carried Cooper Davis to 92 points and the first round win, and then helped Chris Roundy to a second-place finish at the Cody (Wyo.) Stampede with a score of 91 points a few days later.
“I had seen Kojack a bunch of times, and the guys who rode him said he was an awesome bull,” Stall said. “Tonight, my hand ran down my rope and I held on by my fingertips for the last six seconds. I was glad it all worked out.”
It certainly did all work out for the Detroit Lakes, Minn., cowboy, as he earned a total of $13,149. The money will give him a boost in the Windham Weaponry High Performance PRCA World Standings, where Stall sat 19th when the week started.
After the struggles of the 2013 season, Stall feels like he’s back to the form which enabled him to qualify for the 2012 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo.
“I had hip surgery last year, and came up short, but I’m not coming up short again this year,” Stall said of the WNFR. “I feel as good as I can, and this win makes everything a whole lot easier as we head into the summer.
“It’s a blessing to beat 40 other guys who can hands down win any day. I feel hotter than a grease fire, and I’m feeling good, riding good and craving the next one.”
Three-time and reigning World Champion J.W. Harris earned the second-most money Monday night on the strength of a 90.5-point ride on Summit Pro Rodeo’s Pretty Boy, which won the final round. Harris – the current Xtreme Bulls Tour leader – placed seventh in the first round and tied Ty Wallace for second in the average with 167.5 points, earning a total of $8,382.
Beau Schroeder (166) was the only other men to ride two bulls, placing fourth in the average.
Other Frontier Rodeo News
- 62nd Wrangler National Finals Rodeo RecapDecember 14, 2020
- Frontier Rodeo Company wins 6th straight PRCA Stock Contractor of the Year awardDecember 8, 2020
- 61st Annual Wrangler NFR RecapDecember 16, 2019
- BUCKING BULL SALE - Monday, Sept. 2, 2019 - Freedom, OKJuly 18, 2019
- Top roughstock rides at the 91st Annual Arcadia All-Florida Championship Rodeo - March 7-10, 2019March 14, 2019
- Frontier Rodeo Company 60th WNFR RecapDecember 16, 2018
- Frontier Rodeo Company Announced 2018 PRCA Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 11, 2018
- SLE Pro Rodeo February 27, 2017
- Frontier Rodeo takes home the gold !! December 1, 2016
- Medicine Woman Does it Again !!October 24, 2016
- Don Gay to judge Big Tex Choice contest August 24, 2016
- Schlegel has career day at Cody StampedeJuly 6, 2016
- Wrights dominate saddle bronc riding at Cody StampedeJuly 5, 2016
- Final Results for Lehi RoundupJune 26, 2016
- Bennett hits right number to win Corpus ChristiApril 19, 2016
- Final Performance Results, Corpus Christi, Texas! April 17, 2016
- Results after Third Performance, Corpus Christi, TXApril 16, 2016
- Corpus Christi results after second performance April 15, 2016
- Results After First Performance, Corpus Christi, TX. April 14, 2016
- Foltyn claims Montgomery crownMarch 28, 2016
- Local Favorite, Clayton Foltyn, of Winnie, Texas Takes Home the Money in Bull RidingMarch 26, 2016
- Southeastern Livestock ExpositionMarch 19, 2016
- Arcadia All-Fla Championship RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Brown has sunny time in FloridaMarch 14, 2016
- ‘He’s the one,’ Palin campaigns for Trump at Arcadia RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Lewis Feild: Oct. 28, 1956 – Feb. 15, 2016February 16, 2016
- 64th Annual Mid Winter Fair Rodeo WinnersJanuary 19, 2016
- Frontier Rodeo Company Named 2015 Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 21, 2015
- 2015 world champions crowned in Las VegasDecember 13, 2015
- Rusty Wright continues family’s winning legacyDecember 10, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Company Receives PRCA Stock Contractor of the Year, Saddle Bronc of the Year, Medicine Woman, and PRCA Reserve World Champion Bareback Horse of the Year, Full Baggage! December 3, 2015
- State Fair Of Louisiana Pro RodeoOctober 27, 2015
- Medicine Woman, Dirty Jacket repeat as top stockOctober 20, 2015
- Pasadena Livestock Show & RodeoSeptember 23, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Freedom Rodeo And Old Cowhand ReunionAugust 17, 2015
- Diaz Sets Dodge City Round-Up Arena RecordAugust 3, 2015
- Kimzey has Good Time at Spanish ForkJuly 27, 2015
- Hardwick tops WCC Spanish Fork fieldJune 2, 2015
- Asay rides Frontier’s Dirty Cop to overall lead in bull riding at Buc Days RodeoApril 26, 2015
- Hermann thrills crowd to win barrel racing on final day of Buc Days Rodeo in Corpus ChristiApril 26, 2015
- Murphy, Breding finally tame Frontier bulls to lead going into weekend at Buc Days RodeoApril 25, 2015
- Frontier bulls steal spotlight on first day of Buc Days RodeoApril 24, 2015
- YMBL Championship Rodeo resultsMarch 28, 2015
- Outside the Arena -- True MaverickMarch 26, 2015
- Full Baggage has Young thinking about more travel (Southeastern Livestock Exposition results)March 22, 2015
- Spencer happily takes his Medicine in ArcadiaMarch 15, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Co. building history with award-winning livestock; looks to Roswell May 15-16March 10, 2015
- Jerry Nelson's Frontier Rodeo Company Will Provide the World's Top Bucking Horses for THE AMERICANFebruary 28, 2015
- Semi-Finals crowns champions, names American qualifiersFebruary 28, 2015
- Andrews Rodeo dominates WNFR Top Stock AwardsDecember 23, 2014
- PRCA Bucking Stock of the Year AnnouncedOctober 20, 2014
- State Fair of Louisiana Accounts New Pro Rodeo Contract for 2014September 22, 2014
- Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo ResultsSeptember 18, 2014
- Pass, Bownds gain ground in PasadenaSeptember 18, 2014
- Results: XIT Rodeo & Reunion in Dalhart, TXAugust 11, 2014
- Sundell Finds Right Medicine in Dodge CityAugust 5, 2014
- Cody Stampede - Rodeo ResultsJuly 8, 2014
- Cody Wright Lets it Rip for 90 in MontgomeryMarch 15, 2014
- Frontier Rodeo Scores Big in Bucking Stock AwardsOctober 21, 2013
- Frontier Rodeo Featured in Buckin' Stock MagazineOctober 1, 2013
- World’s Top Rodeo and Bull Riding Champions to Compete for $2 Million Cash Payout in Richest One-Day Event in Western Sports HistoryAugust 22, 2013