LATEST FRONTIER NEWS
Hardwick tops WCC Spanish Fork fieldJune 2, 2015
SPANISH FORK, Utah – Since joining the PRCA in 2011, bareback rider Seth Hardwick has been chasing a coveted bid to the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo – but has come up empty.
That appears to be on the verge of changing in 2015.
Hardwick has been near the top of the Windham Weaponry High Performance PRCA World Standings the last several weeks and only helped his cause at the May 30 Wrangler Champions Challenge, presented by Justin Boots, at the Spanish Fork Fairgrounds.
The Laramie, Wyo., cowboy registered an 86-point ride on Bar T Rodeo’s Rockin Ruby to capture the title before a capacity crowd of 8,400.
“I had never even seen that horse before,” said Hardwick, 26. “I talked to Caleb Bennett about him because he knows a lot about the Bar T horses and he told me I had a good one. It was an awesome ride. I didn’t know if my score would hold up. There were some good guys and some great matchups after me, but it all worked out.”
Hardwick moved up one spot – to fourth – in the June 1 world standings, thanks to pocketing $5,440 at Spanish Fork.
“It’s absolutely great to fill up the bank account,” said Hardwick, who finished a career-best 17th in the world in 2013.
The Wrangler Champions Challenge events have definitely given Hardwick a jolt this year, as he also won the May 16 Redding (Calif.) WCC event with an 87.5-point ride on Growney Brothers Rodeo’s Raggidy Ann.
“When I get to come to (Wrangler Champions Challenge events) it’s great because it gives me another opportunity to keep up with the other guys and the Champions Challenges have been treating me really good this season because I’ve won a lot of money at them,” Hardwick said.
With all his success this season, Hardwick has some lofty expectations.
“Step 1 is getting to the NFR, but I have higher goals than just making it,” Hardwick said. “I’ve tried to rodeo a lot smarter this season, and my traveling partner (Orin Larsen) and I haven’t killed ourselves with a bunch of overnight drives and stuff like that. There are a lot of rodeos left and we’re going into this summer run feeling fresh and healthy and we should do really well.”
Other winners at the $123,600 rodeo were steer wrestler Seth Brockman (3.8 seconds), team ropers Clay Tryan and Jade Corkill (4.6 seconds), saddle bronc rider Heith DeMoss (88.5 points on Frontier Rodeo’s Maple Leaf), tie-down roper Hunter Herrin (7.8 seconds), barrel racer Lisa Lockhart (17.17 seconds) and bull rider Beau Hill (84 points on Bar T Rodeo’s Broken Arrow).
DeMoss’ score tied the WCC record set by Taos Muncy in Logandale, Nev., earlier this year.
Other Frontier Rodeo News
- BUCKING BULL SALE - Monday, Sept. 2, 2019 - Freedom, OKJuly 18, 2019
- Top roughstock rides at the 91st Annual Arcadia All-Florida Championship Rodeo - March 7-10, 2019March 14, 2019
- Frontier Rodeo Company 60th WNFR RecapDecember 16, 2018
- Frontier Rodeo Company Announced 2018 PRCA Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 11, 2018
- SLE Pro Rodeo February 27, 2017
- Frontier Rodeo takes home the gold !! December 1, 2016
- Medicine Woman Does it Again !!October 24, 2016
- Don Gay to judge Big Tex Choice contest August 24, 2016
- Schlegel has career day at Cody StampedeJuly 6, 2016
- Wrights dominate saddle bronc riding at Cody StampedeJuly 5, 2016
- Final Results for Lehi RoundupJune 26, 2016
- Bennett hits right number to win Corpus ChristiApril 19, 2016
- Final Performance Results, Corpus Christi, Texas! April 17, 2016
- Results after Third Performance, Corpus Christi, TXApril 16, 2016
- Corpus Christi results after second performance April 15, 2016
- Results After First Performance, Corpus Christi, TX. April 14, 2016
- Foltyn claims Montgomery crownMarch 28, 2016
- Local Favorite, Clayton Foltyn, of Winnie, Texas Takes Home the Money in Bull RidingMarch 26, 2016
- Southeastern Livestock ExpositionMarch 19, 2016
- Arcadia All-Fla Championship RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Brown has sunny time in FloridaMarch 14, 2016
- ‘He’s the one,’ Palin campaigns for Trump at Arcadia RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Lewis Feild: Oct. 28, 1956 – Feb. 15, 2016February 16, 2016
- 64th Annual Mid Winter Fair Rodeo WinnersJanuary 19, 2016
- Frontier Rodeo Company Named 2015 Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 21, 2015
- 2015 world champions crowned in Las VegasDecember 13, 2015
- Rusty Wright continues family’s winning legacyDecember 10, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Company Receives PRCA Stock Contractor of the Year, Saddle Bronc of the Year, Medicine Woman, and PRCA Reserve World Champion Bareback Horse of the Year, Full Baggage! December 3, 2015
- State Fair Of Louisiana Pro RodeoOctober 27, 2015
- Medicine Woman, Dirty Jacket repeat as top stockOctober 20, 2015
- Pasadena Livestock Show & RodeoSeptember 23, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Freedom Rodeo And Old Cowhand ReunionAugust 17, 2015
- Diaz Sets Dodge City Round-Up Arena RecordAugust 3, 2015
- Kimzey has Good Time at Spanish ForkJuly 27, 2015
- Asay rides Frontier’s Dirty Cop to overall lead in bull riding at Buc Days RodeoApril 26, 2015
- Hermann thrills crowd to win barrel racing on final day of Buc Days Rodeo in Corpus ChristiApril 26, 2015
- Murphy, Breding finally tame Frontier bulls to lead going into weekend at Buc Days RodeoApril 25, 2015
- Frontier bulls steal spotlight on first day of Buc Days RodeoApril 24, 2015
- YMBL Championship Rodeo resultsMarch 28, 2015
- Outside the Arena -- True MaverickMarch 26, 2015
- Full Baggage has Young thinking about more travel (Southeastern Livestock Exposition results)March 22, 2015
- Spencer happily takes his Medicine in ArcadiaMarch 15, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Co. building history with award-winning livestock; looks to Roswell May 15-16March 10, 2015
- Jerry Nelson's Frontier Rodeo Company Will Provide the World's Top Bucking Horses for THE AMERICANFebruary 28, 2015
- Semi-Finals crowns champions, names American qualifiersFebruary 28, 2015
- Andrews Rodeo dominates WNFR Top Stock AwardsDecember 23, 2014
- PRCA Bucking Stock of the Year AnnouncedOctober 20, 2014
- State Fair of Louisiana Accounts New Pro Rodeo Contract for 2014September 22, 2014
- Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo ResultsSeptember 18, 2014
- Pass, Bownds gain ground in PasadenaSeptember 18, 2014
- Results: XIT Rodeo & Reunion in Dalhart, TXAugust 11, 2014
- Sundell Finds Right Medicine in Dodge CityAugust 5, 2014
- Cody Stampede - Rodeo ResultsJuly 8, 2014
- Stall Rushes Toward Top with Big Night in CodyJuly 1, 2014
- Cody Wright Lets it Rip for 90 in MontgomeryMarch 15, 2014
- Frontier Rodeo Scores Big in Bucking Stock AwardsOctober 21, 2013
- Frontier Rodeo Featured in Buckin' Stock MagazineOctober 1, 2013
- World’s Top Rodeo and Bull Riding Champions to Compete for $2 Million Cash Payout in Richest One-Day Event in Western Sports HistoryAugust 22, 2013