LATEST FRONTIER NEWS
Asay rides Frontier’s Dirty Cop to overall lead in bull riding at Buc Days RodeoApril 26, 2015
By Kirk Copeland
Frontier Rodeo Media
Friday, April 24th
(Corpus Christi, TX.) – Day three of the 24th Annual Buc Days PRCA Pro Rodeo brought thrills to the huge crowd at American Bank Center Saturday night in Corpus Christi, including an unprecedented ride on Frontier Rodeo’s Dirty Cop by five-time National Finals Rodeo qualifier Kanin Asay.
Not to be outshined, Isaac Diaz hopped aboard Frontier’s two-time bucking horse of the year Medicine Woman and grabbed a tie for the lead in saddle bronc, while Callie DuPerier, ranked fourth in the world, took over the top spot in barrel racing, and JoJo McLeod and Josh Patton took the aggregate lead in team roping during Saturday’s action.
Over 6,000 fans also packed the arena to watch top-ranked Bobby Mote ride two-time world champion bareback horse Full Baggage and second-ranked Tim O’Donnell take on Sonora to vault onto the leaderboard after Saturday’s results.
The Buc Days Rodeo, which is held in conjunction with the Buccaneers Days Festival in Corpus Christi, concludes Sunday afternoon starting at 2:30 p.m. at American Bank Center.
Asay, a two-time winner this year, ignited an already raucous crowd when he tamed Dirty Cop, a bull that had never given a clean ride in competition before Saturday.
“He was mean, no doubt about that,” said Asay. “He had some little tricks up his sleeve, and he did his best to throw me. I just felt really good tonight, and I was able to sense what he was going to do before he did it. It was a good ride, and I thank God for that, and for keeping me and all the riders safe this weekend.”
Asay overtakes Codrick Murphy, who put up an 84 on Flash Card Friday, for first overall going into the final day. Bart Miller moves into third overall with a ride of 82 on Silent Night.
Diaz, whose wife Britany holds the fourth overall time in barrel racing after a 13.74-second run Saturday, says he was ecstatic to hear he got the draw of Medicine Woman for the Buc Days event.
“I was on the phone with Britany when I got word of the draw, and I gave out a ‘whoop!’”, said Diaz, a Desdemona, Texas, native. “I told her, ‘I just got the best draw I could hope for’, and that was true. She’s an amazing horse, and she performed like the champion that she is.”
Diaz joins Jacobs Crawley, who rode Griz Thursday, at the top of the leaderboard with a score of 87. Zeke Thurston wowed the crowd with his 86 Saturday night aboad Time Out to sit in third place overall.
Mote and O’Connell each scored 85s to move into a tie for second overall after Saturday’s performances with Bill Tutor continuing to hold the overall lead with his 88 Thursday. O’Connell drew Sonora for his mount, while Mote rode Showstomper, a horse he says “molested” him the first time he ever rode him.
“He got me pretty good that first time,” said Mote, a four-time bareback world champion. “He just molested me that time. He’s a heck of a horse, but I was tied in good this time, and had a real good ride.”
DuPerier stormed into the overall lead in barrel racing Saturday with a ride of 13.65 seconds to overtake Hanna Forbes, who turned in a 13.67 Friday. Cassidy Kruse comes in at third with a 13.70 ride Thursday.
LeMond and Patton took over the lead in team roping average with a time of 5.8 seconds Saturday to give them an aggregate time of 10.6 after two rides. Blaine Vick and Twister Cain had the best performance time of Saturday's action with a 5.3. Caleb Mitchell and Steve Northcott sit in second in average with an aggregate time of 11.4, while Logan and Jordan Olson are third with an 11.6.
In Saturday’s steer wrestling, Blake Doyle had the best time at 5.6 seconds, but that was only good for sixth place overall. Riley Duvall and Justin Blain Davis continue to lead overall with times of 4.5 each, and Jacob Talley sits in third with a time of 4.
Kyle Dickens and Justin Macha snuck into the top five in tie-down roping with times of 9.3 Saturday, but Joseph Gernentz still leads overall with a time of 8.0. Clay Long is in second at 8.1 and Hunter Herrin rounds out the top three with an 8.8.
Other Frontier Rodeo News
- 61st Annual Wrangler NFR RecapDecember 16, 2019
- BUCKING BULL SALE - Monday, Sept. 2, 2019 - Freedom, OKJuly 18, 2019
- Top roughstock rides at the 91st Annual Arcadia All-Florida Championship Rodeo - March 7-10, 2019March 14, 2019
- Frontier Rodeo Company 60th WNFR RecapDecember 16, 2018
- Frontier Rodeo Company Announced 2018 PRCA Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 11, 2018
- SLE Pro Rodeo February 27, 2017
- Frontier Rodeo takes home the gold !! December 1, 2016
- Medicine Woman Does it Again !!October 24, 2016
- Don Gay to judge Big Tex Choice contest August 24, 2016
- Schlegel has career day at Cody StampedeJuly 6, 2016
- Wrights dominate saddle bronc riding at Cody StampedeJuly 5, 2016
- Final Results for Lehi RoundupJune 26, 2016
- Bennett hits right number to win Corpus ChristiApril 19, 2016
- Final Performance Results, Corpus Christi, Texas! April 17, 2016
- Results after Third Performance, Corpus Christi, TXApril 16, 2016
- Corpus Christi results after second performance April 15, 2016
- Results After First Performance, Corpus Christi, TX. April 14, 2016
- Foltyn claims Montgomery crownMarch 28, 2016
- Local Favorite, Clayton Foltyn, of Winnie, Texas Takes Home the Money in Bull RidingMarch 26, 2016
- Southeastern Livestock ExpositionMarch 19, 2016
- Arcadia All-Fla Championship RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Brown has sunny time in FloridaMarch 14, 2016
- ‘He’s the one,’ Palin campaigns for Trump at Arcadia RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Lewis Feild: Oct. 28, 1956 – Feb. 15, 2016February 16, 2016
- 64th Annual Mid Winter Fair Rodeo WinnersJanuary 19, 2016
- Frontier Rodeo Company Named 2015 Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 21, 2015
- 2015 world champions crowned in Las VegasDecember 13, 2015
- Rusty Wright continues family’s winning legacyDecember 10, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Company Receives PRCA Stock Contractor of the Year, Saddle Bronc of the Year, Medicine Woman, and PRCA Reserve World Champion Bareback Horse of the Year, Full Baggage! December 3, 2015
- State Fair Of Louisiana Pro RodeoOctober 27, 2015
- Medicine Woman, Dirty Jacket repeat as top stockOctober 20, 2015
- Pasadena Livestock Show & RodeoSeptember 23, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Freedom Rodeo And Old Cowhand ReunionAugust 17, 2015
- Diaz Sets Dodge City Round-Up Arena RecordAugust 3, 2015
- Kimzey has Good Time at Spanish ForkJuly 27, 2015
- Hardwick tops WCC Spanish Fork fieldJune 2, 2015
- Hermann thrills crowd to win barrel racing on final day of Buc Days Rodeo in Corpus ChristiApril 26, 2015
- Murphy, Breding finally tame Frontier bulls to lead going into weekend at Buc Days RodeoApril 25, 2015
- Frontier bulls steal spotlight on first day of Buc Days RodeoApril 24, 2015
- YMBL Championship Rodeo resultsMarch 28, 2015
- Outside the Arena -- True MaverickMarch 26, 2015
- Full Baggage has Young thinking about more travel (Southeastern Livestock Exposition results)March 22, 2015
- Spencer happily takes his Medicine in ArcadiaMarch 15, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Co. building history with award-winning livestock; looks to Roswell May 15-16March 10, 2015
- Jerry Nelson's Frontier Rodeo Company Will Provide the World's Top Bucking Horses for THE AMERICANFebruary 28, 2015
- Semi-Finals crowns champions, names American qualifiersFebruary 28, 2015
- Andrews Rodeo dominates WNFR Top Stock AwardsDecember 23, 2014
- PRCA Bucking Stock of the Year AnnouncedOctober 20, 2014
- State Fair of Louisiana Accounts New Pro Rodeo Contract for 2014September 22, 2014
- Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo ResultsSeptember 18, 2014
- Pass, Bownds gain ground in PasadenaSeptember 18, 2014
- Results: XIT Rodeo & Reunion in Dalhart, TXAugust 11, 2014
- Sundell Finds Right Medicine in Dodge CityAugust 5, 2014
- Cody Stampede - Rodeo ResultsJuly 8, 2014
- Stall Rushes Toward Top with Big Night in CodyJuly 1, 2014
- Cody Wright Lets it Rip for 90 in MontgomeryMarch 15, 2014
- Frontier Rodeo Scores Big in Bucking Stock AwardsOctober 21, 2013
- Frontier Rodeo Featured in Buckin' Stock MagazineOctober 1, 2013
- World’s Top Rodeo and Bull Riding Champions to Compete for $2 Million Cash Payout in Richest One-Day Event in Western Sports HistoryAugust 22, 2013